Bay Language Institute
BLI, in Summerstrand, PE focuses on English tuition in a quiet, secure environment; we provide foreign & local language courses, as well as TEFL teacher training and preparation for international exams such as Cambridge, IELTS and TOEFL.
Bay Language Institute is registered with the South African Department of Higher Education & Training, and is accredited by the Quality Council for Trades & Occupations (QCTO) and the South African Civil Aviation Authority (ATO 0373).
All classes are in small groups, or private lessons, in one of our six classrooms. On average there are five students per group, while the maximum is eight students per class. As we also offer part-time language and full-time teacher training courses for South Africans, it is easy to interact with locals. bli students come from all over the world: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Ivory Coast, Reunion, Poland, Turkey, Brazil, Somalia, Angola, Gabon, India, Korea, Cameroon, Saudi Arabia, DRC, Russia, Libya, Slovakia, Portugal, El Salvador, Venezuela, Argentina, Italy, Yemen, Iran, Iraq, UAE, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and South Africa.
Really good reasons to come the Bay Language Institute in Port Elizabeth
- Wildlife, wildlife, wildlife: if you’re into African wildlife, this is the place to be. With four national parks within three to four hours drive, and Addo Elephant National Park (the Big Five) just 45 minutes away, this is a malaria-free paradise for animal lovers;
- We have access to such diverse nature – the semi-desert Karoo to the north, the wilderness of the Wild Coast, the forests of Tsitsikamma and the Garden Route. Plants which flower in winter, evergreen bush, cactus that isn’t, vast plains, mountains, cliffs and endless beaches, all waiting for you;
- A whole range of adventure and other activities, from skydiving to scuba, sandboarding to segway, horseriding on the beach, bungy-jumping, hiking, surfing, paragliding, paintball, ocean kayaking, snorkelling and more;
- Family-owned & managed language school;
- Maximum of 8 students per class, and maximum individual attention;
- Excellent service in a friendly atmosphere;
- A library, free wifi, lounge, table tennis, a spacious garden and free tea and coffee;
- Qualified, experienced teachers who love what they’re do;
- Situated on the bay in Port Elizabeth, with a small shopping centre just a short walk away;
- The nearest beach is just 100 metres from the school, the airport 5 to 10 minutes’ drive away;
Shaun Fitzhenry: After working in the State Education System in South Africa, and a short period as a registered tour guide, Shaun decided to travel to Taiwan and Germany, where he taught English to children of all ages and adults. After some five years in Germany, he returned to South Africa to start Bay Language Institute in 2005. A passionate and committed South African, Shaun holds a Bachelor’s degree in English and History, a Higher Education Diploma and a TEFL certificate. He has extensive EFL/ESL experience, including two years as a director of studies, and almost three years as the General Manager of the Cape Town branch of a major chain of language schools.
Send Message to listing owner
Bay Language Institute