- Umbrellas (3)
- Underwear (1)
- Uniforms (4)
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (6)
- Universities (4)
- Upholsterers (26)
- Utility Management Systems (2)
Specialising in upholstery fabrics, dralons, vinyls, wovens, tapestry, best prices, factory prices.
Distributors of curtaining & furnishing fabrics.
VULA ENERGY is a Black Empowerment South African registered company specializing in the management of ENERGY and UTILITY services. It’s head office is situated in Port Elizabeth and regional offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Bloemfontein, Durban, Cape Town and Windhoek. VULA ENERGY provides businesses and government, the services to maximize the potential of their energy and utility resources.
Energy Optimisation Engineering that improves your Bottom-line.Energy optimisation is not a “quick-fix” achieved by installing some new technology or gadget. Energy Cybernetics has been an active and leading player in the Southern African energy space since 1998. We are energy optimisation engineers and we specialize in finding the best possible route to energy efficiency for our clients.
Tescom UPS has been established in EU since 1980, and the SA subsidiary since 2001. We supply quality EU made and certified UPS equipment from 700va up to 4MW. We are nationwide and support the whole of SA. We pride ourselves on quality products and long term client relations.
AFDA was founded in 1994 by Garth Holmes, Bata Passchier and Deon Opperman.
From its early beginnings of 6 students, a rented VCR and broken TV it has become one of the leading institutions of its kind in the world today. AFDA has over 1200 students, a permanent staff of over 150 academics and administrators and 4 fully equipped campuses in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban. It has produced some of the top film-makers and actors in South Africa today and has made a significant contribution to developing a sustainable local entertainment industry.
The overall goal.
To develop a tertiary education institution that contributes to South African nation building and rewards all stakeholders by providing a stimulating, rigorous and globally integrated learning experience that empowers students with creative professional skills, enabling graduates to grow innovative and sustainable entertainment and media communication economies.
the educational goal.
To provide students with the conceptual, perceptual and concrete skills that will enable them to originate meaningful narrative concepts and human behaviors that are relevant to target audiences and to truthfully and accurately deliver these narratives through appropriate use of medium and aesthetic form and the employment of resources to accurately and economically produce and sell the completed production.
AFDA educational objectives.
- To provide conceptual, perceptual and concrete skills that will enable students to originate meaningful narrative concepts and to understand why these might be relevant and the impact they may have on target audiences and society in general.
- To understand why human behavior and culture are the agent through which narratives are embodied and made emotionally relevant to target audiences.
- To understand how their chosen medium of expression can be considered and used to truthfully and accurately produce their narrative.
- To understand how aesthetic elements might be used to establish and produce the appropriate form of the world in which the narrative is set.
- To understand how to plan and employ resources to economically produce and sell a production to achieve return on investment.
AFDA is one of the leading outcomes-based film schools in the world.
AFDA graduates are taught to conceptualize, create and develop indigenous products and commodities for the local and international market
In the course of a rich entrepreneurial history dating back to 1994, AFDA has earned a reputation as one of the leading institutions of its kind in the world today.Although our track record speaks for itself, we continually renew our commitment to facilitate an environment that develops high-quality human and intellectual property with the relevant skills to deal with the rigors of a fast-expanding and ever-changing entertainment industry.
At our fully equipped campuses in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban, we train graduates to contribute to one of the largest growth industries in the world: entertainment. In the globalised economy, cultural exchange is a valuable currency. AFDA graduates are taught to conceptualize, create and develop indigenous products and commodities for the local and international market.
Our students are educated not only to forge profitable and sustainable careers in this market, but are encouraged to develop themselves as employment providers – the cultural entrepreneurs of the future. Our alumni have reinvigorated their industries with the quality of their intellectual property, skill and talent. More than 90% of our Honours alumni are working and employed in their chosen field of specialization.
AFDA films are exhibited at numerous international festivals and have been broadcast worldwide, winning many prestigious awards, including the Student Academy Award winner and Cannes festival finalist in 2006 and a SAFTA (South African Film and Television Award) in 2007. AFDA is a full member of CILECT – the International Association of Accredited Film and Television Schools.
- AFDA is the no. 1 film, tv and performance school on the continent
- AFDA is a fully accredited institution with 20 years experience in the tertiary education landscape
- AFDA is an internationally recognized institution and is a full member of CILECT – an international organization that represents over 170 film and tv schools and includes USC (LA) and UCLA (LA), TISCH (NY), Columbia (Chicago), La femis (Paris), GVIK (Russia) to mention but a few
- AFDA Alumni are award winning skilled and networked. They continue to make a significant contribution to the growth of the local entertainment industry.
- AFDA is an Academy award winning institution and the first and only African film school to win the best foreign student film academy award in 2006 and runner up as a finalist in 2013
- AFDA employs a number of South Africa’s top academics and practitioners.
- AFDA has a unique learning system that provides students with authentic undergraduate & postgraduate learning environments that are relevant to vocational opportunities both locally and abroad.
- AFDA students are trained to produce commercially viable entertainment products for local audiences and niche online global markets
- AFDA offers students a genuine opportunity to seek out their aptitude in order to discover their passion and on extension their successful vocational path
- The AFDA learning process encourages and rewards innovation, leadership and entrepreneurship.