Clariant a world leading company in specialty chemicals recently announced their first half (H1) 2017 results.
Most important to note for the South African market were the following:
• Sales in Europe grew by 5 % and in the Middle East & Africa by 16 % in local currency.
• Most regions achieved very good sales growth. Asia, the Middle East & Africa and Europe rose with double-digit growth rates while North America was flat.
• The strong sales improvement resulted from accelerated demand in Asia, Europe as well as in the Middle East & Africa.
• The second quarter 2017 sales in the Catalysis Business Area jumped by 20 % in local currency as well as in Swiss francs. The growth was driven by recovering demand in Asia and in the Middle East & Africa and additionally the full consolidation of Süd-Chemie India Pvt Ltd.
• Functional Minerals reflected continued good sales growth in local currency, primarily supported by the edible oil purification and foundry business. The sales performance in the different regions remained solid. The Middle East & Africa in particular reported strong growth.
Further information on the results can be found at https://www.clariant.com/en/Investors/Latest-Results
CLICK HERE to submit your press release to MyPR.co.za.
Submit and get free press releases here: MyPR Free Press Release.
Click here to list your business on BuyPE.