With growing environmental awareness and many people turning their backs on material things as festive gifts, volunteer organisation Bunny Tales Rescue has created a novel alternative for those looking for the perfect gift for animal lovers.
“This year we have launched a lucky draw, with the proceeds going towards our efforts to sterilise and rehome the bunnies that we rescue in partnership with other individuals and organisations. For as little as a R30 donation, we will send you a lucky draw ticket for incredible prizes from our generous sponsors,” says Anabel Tout, founder of Bunny Tales Rescue, which operates in Johannesburg, Pretoria and surrounds.
Feral rabbits are becoming a problem in parts of Gauteng, as a few escaped domestic rabbits can multiple very quickly.
“If people think it is cute to have a resident herd of rabbits in their neighbourhood, they probably do not realise how hard life is for bunnies on the streets with no one to care for them.”
“Too often, we find rabbits in the most appalling conditions. They are undernourished, may have fleas or other parasites, and often the areas where they are living are being cleared for construction,” Anabel explains.
“We try to catch as many of the bunnies as we can, and arrange for them to be checked by a vet, sterilised and rehabilitated. For anyone looking to adopt a bunny, we offer an re-homing service where we try to match the perfect rabbit to their perfect forever home, where they will be loved, fed and kept safe.
“This lucky draw initiative is to help us raise funds to cover the vets bills, cost of food and transport for the work we do. One ticket costs R30, however you can get four tickets for R100. When we draw the prizes on 14 December, the first draw’s ticket holder will get to choose three of the prizes, the second draw winner gets to choose two of the remaining prizes and the third gets to choose one of the remaining prizes. The ticket holders for subsequent draws will be able to choose from the remaining prizes, so that all except the last lucky winner will get to choose.”
The following prizes are up for grabs:
• Sit back, relax and be entertained at Rivonia Barnyard to watch a show called Strictly No. 1s at a table for yourself and 9 friends (worth R1850)
• Track your fitness with a stylish Bluetooth smart watch worth R470
• Add to your body’s canvas with a R1000 tattoo voucher with any artist of your choice at Tattoo Tony Creations, located in Pretoria
• Get your hair sleek and straight with a hair straightening brush valued at R459
• Fill your belly and be merry with a R500 voucher to go towards your scrumptious food bill at Pltfrm Wolwespruit in Pretoria
• Give your face a treat with a massaging facial cleanser valued at R260
• Add a stamp to your passport with a R500 discount travel voucher towards your international travel through Peter Nazer at Flight Centre Brooklyn
• Get healthy on the go with the Bocini Blender that makes your smoothies directly in your shaker worth R499
• Get your summer body with a Kelfit Lifestyle 12 Week weight-loss challenge valued at R1600 which you can do nationwide.
• Don’t have a microwave with you? No stress… This electric lunchbox will heat your food for you valued at R300
• Flutter your eyelashes with style when you get eye lash extensions worth R650 from Francisca at Onyx Make-up SA done by Mirror Image Make-up Artist in Pretoria
• Want to add a touch of colour to your kids’ walls? A set of three bunny art prints will definitely do the trick. Valued at R190
• Give your hair a colour makeover with either a full head of colour or a half head of highlights as well as a blow wave at Priscilla’s Hair Therapy worth R800 in Pretoria
• Give your hair the boost it needs with a wash, treatment and blow wave at Priscilla’s Hair Therapy worth R400 in Pretoria
• For the bunny lovers out there, we have a R300 voucher you can use on checkout at Njom Njoms to treat your fur babies as well as a treat ball for them to enjoy (large – worth R165) as well as a grooming session for one bunny at your home in Gauteng with Laura from L’s Hopping Care Crew
• Get those dreamy long nails you always wanted with a set of sculptured nails valued at R400 done by Nails by Lynne-Mari in Pretoria
• Have your nails looking fabulous with a gel overlay valued at R320 at Nails by Lynne-Mari in Pretoria
• Tired of carrying around both your Bluetooth speakers and your power bank around with you… This 3-in-1 power bank charges your phone on the go, plays your music from a Bluetooth device as well as acts as a phone stand. Valued at R180
• Struggling to find great vegan food? Grab yourself a voucher for a meal and a drink for 1 person from Free-Food in Johannesburg
• Is your fur baby in need of a check up? Get a free vet check up for one pet, including a dental check and nail trim, with the fantastic Melissa at Bryanston Avian, Exotic and Small Animal Clinic
To enter, simply follow the instructions on Bunny Tales Rescue’s Facebook page at https://bit.ly/2DZPpAT
“Support Bunny Tales Rescue lucky draw this festive season for the gift that keeps giving. Your contribution will go a long way to ensuring a better life for rescue bunnies, and you stand a chance to win these fabulous prizes,” Anabel concludes.
CLICK HERE to submit your press release to MyPR.co.za.
Submit and get free press releases here: MyPR Free Press Release.
Click here to list your business on BuyPE.