It’s time to brave the heat and get into the kitchen for the Jacaranda Clash of Kitchens at Rand Show 2020. If you have a passion for food, this one’s for you. The Jacaranda Clash of Kitchens is a reality cooking competition with R150 000 in cash and prizes up for grabs, going to South Africa’s brightest culinary champions with a flair for fabulous flavours.
125 teams of two people each will compete in live cooking elimination rounds over six intense days, in the 2020 Rand Show’s new Foodie Zone. To ensure that the competition is fair, every team will have to create dishes using ingredients from our mystery baskets.
Easylife Kitchens will be sponsoring all the workstations for the Jacaranda Clash of Kitchens, so contestants will be fully equipped to do their best. And when Rand Show 2020 wraps up, workstations will be donated to a charity.
Teams will be judged on creativity, taste and presentation. And mentor judges will be on hand to provide guidance and feedback, at least up until the final 32 teams are revealed. After that, the teams are on their own.
Celebrity judges and Chefs chosen by the SA Chefs Association and Vicky Crease Catering will make the ultimate decision on who walks away with the Jacaranda Clash of Kitchens title and the grand prize.
Here’s how to enter:
• Find your perfect cooking partner and join forces with them to form your unstoppable cooking crew of two. (Only teams of two are eligible to compete).
• Visit https://randshow.co.za/foodie-zone/
• Scroll down and click on “Enter Here”. This will take you to the online entry form.
• Fill in the following:
– Your chosen team name (You can get creative here, too)
– Your contact details
– A description of your signature dish
– A team photo with your dish
– The recipe for your signature dish – This will be included in our online recipe book
– 125 words on why your team should be selected to compete for your share of the R 150 000 in prizes.
So, sharpen your wits and your knives. Season your senses and brush up on your culinary skills. Sign up for your chance to become the 2020 #JacarandaClashofKitchens champion at #MyRandShow.
Visit www.randshow.co.za to enter now. If you’d just like to watch Joburg’s finest cooks creating delicious tastes and aromas, buy your tickets for #MyRandShow today by visiting www.randshow.co.za and click on Buy Tickets Now.
CLICK HERE to submit your press release to MyPR.co.za.