With so much litter being overlooked and causing harm to wildlife, marine life and in turn, our own human lives, it is time to be proactive and start correcting our littering habits.
In association with uMhlanga UIP, Granada Square have donated R5000 towards cleaning up the environment and, in specific, making uMhlanga Rocks a cleaner place for all.
With the donation, uMhlanga UIP have committed to actively rolling out 5 projects all focused on cleaning and greening.
As with many projects it is difficult to action work without compensation, therefore a large majority of the funds will be used to pay for the staff needed to get the work done. The funds will also be allocated to equipment such as bags / gloves / plants etc, all of which are needed for a successful clean-up.
The following dates and times are scheduled to complete the projects. Save the date if you are wanting to get involved as a volunteer.
- Wednesday, 21st March – The uMhlanga promenade Dune rehab from 09h30 – 11h30.
- Thursday, 22nd and Friday, 23rd March – Alien vegetation removal on the uMhlanga promenade from 09h30 to 15h00.
- Saturday, 24th March – uMhlanga Lagoon area clean-up from 09h30 – 12h30
- Sunday, 25th March – uMhlanga Lagoon Nature trail clean-up from 09h30 – 12h30
- Tuesday, 27th March – The uMhlanga promenade gum cleaning from 09h30 – 12h30.
For more information for those wanting to be volunteers, contact Dewet Geldenhuys (uMhlanga Rocks precinct manager) by emailing email@example.com, or visit www.umhlangauip.co.za.The meeting point is the uMhlanga UIP security office – next to the clinic on the Village green (cnr Lagoon Drive and Lighthouse Rd).
CLICK HERE to submit your press release to MyPR.co.za.
Submit and get free press releases here: MyPR Free Press Release.
Click here to list your business on BuyPE.