(South Africa, September 2017) Last week Men’s Health hosted one of the most eagerly anticipated events on the South African fashion calendar, the 10th anniversary of Men’s Health Menswear Collection fashion show brought to you by Montblanc Legend Night EDP. The exclusive event was held at the eighteenth-century inspired Old Park Station in Newtown Johannesburg.
A number of celebrity guests were in attendance, such as Amanda du Pont, Lalla Hirayama, Siv Ngesi, Maps Maponyane, whilst TV presenters Lunga Shabalala and Christopher Jaftha walked the runway.
This year’s event featured the latest ready-to-wear fashion from popular South African and International brands, providing a world-class showcase of some of the latest collections from a number of menswear ranges. Iconic brands such as Asics, Issa Leo, Woolworths Edition, Adidas, Scotch and Soda, Herschel Supply Co. , Dickies, Converse, Studio W, Woolworths David Jones, Country Road, Trenery, Polo, Guess, Superdry, Diesel and Soviet were all seen on the runway featuring Swatch as the official watch partner.
This season, brands mixed laid back elements to otherwise polished looks for a relaxed feel. Men’s Health Fashion editor Azeez Jacobs provided an exclusive insight into the next top 5 trends for summer, hot off the runway.
- Cool Stripes: Stripes are popular for men this summer. It’s a menswear staple – the difference this summer is that they will be seen in varying widths and colours.
- Real Men Pink: An unexpected colour for this season is pink – in particular a warm, dusty pink. If you’re looking for a subtle way to incorporate the trend without going bold, simply add a hint of it by wearing a pink crew neck T-shirt under your blazer.
- Refined Athleisure: Sportswear has been one of the biggest risers in menswear over the past couple of seasons. Key casual pieces have become more acceptable in all situations, and can even be worn with tailored items.
- Neutrals: Neutrals are more popular, which means it’s easy for you to mix and match these colours into your wardrobe.
- Fine Tailoring: The blue suit is king. Blue is a fresh colour for summer and a great way to inject some colour into your smart wear.
For more tips on what’s trending in men’s fashion and how to incorporate these essential trends into your wardrobe, look out for the Men’s Health Guide to Style October issue.
Visit menswear.mh.co.za for more information. Follow the brand at @menshealthza and #MHStyle on Twitter, and visit the Facebook page at facebook.com/MensHealthSA.
CLICK HERE to submit your press release to MyPR.co.za.
Submit and get free press releases here: MyPR Free Press Release.
Click here to list your business on BuyPE.